Please find answers to most common questions below:
Lexel Moving is a Boston based full service moving company with hundreds of satisfied clients on its résumé. Lexel offers residential, commercial, local as well as long distance moving services. Lear more about our service here
Lexel Moving should definitely be one of your priority choices because:
- We are always respectful not only with you, as our customer, but also with your belongings - from start to finish.
- All of our employees are professional and trained movers with years of experience.
- Lexel Moving is fully licensed, bonded with the City of Boston and obviously fully insured. We meet all the insurance requirements of Boston buildings.
- We know how to handle any moving situation, from reserving a parking permit to getting a moving crane on site to assist with any hoisting needs.
- Our trucks are always clean, organized and they look good!
- We are a 2016 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner and we are absolutely 100% dedicated to what we do.
- With us you can get your quote within few clicks and book your move online without even talking to a live person.
The quickest and easiest way to get a quote is to fill out our online moving quote form.
You can also simply give us a call at 1(855)605-7755 and we'll be happy to assist.
If you decided to go ahead and book your reservation, log in to your profile simply by clicking the "VIEW QUOTE" button on our email. You'll be able to proceed with the reservation directly from your account by clicking "BOOK YOUR MOVE". Make sure to have your credit card ready for the deposit. Please keep in mind that our website is secured and we do not store or share your credit card information.
If you can’t book your move online, please email email@example.com or give us a call at 1-855-605-7755 and we'll be more than happy to assist you with the reservation.
That is correct. If you're having a local move with us, your final price is based on the actual labor time + travel time to your origin and back from your destination. labor and travel time are being prorated based on 15 minute increments.
If you need to change your move date and/or time, log in to your profile to request a date and/or time change. If you can’t log in, email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1-855-605-7755 and we will assist you with the change. Keep in mind that price may change when rescheduling online.
You will be billed for the travel time from our parking location in Newton, MA (128 Bridge Street, Newton, MA 02458) to your origin, and for the travel time from the destination back to our parking. Those charges are prorated based on 15 minute increments and are calculated by the reading of Google Maps. In case if our truck is being delayed by traffic, the additional time incurred will not be added to the bill. Any travel time between the origin and the destination is considered to be part of the "labor time".
For a full deposit refund please make sure to cancel within 48 hours after confirming your reservation and 7 business days prior to the actual move. Any cancellations after 48 hours and less than within 7 business days before the move may cause a total loss of your deposit. Please note: if you are cancelling a move that is less than 7 business day out - your deposit will not be refunded.
Any reschedules have to be confirmed with your sales representative at least 7 business days prior to the move.
Please note that reschedules and cancellations will be accompanied by a $25.00 service fee.
Payments can be made in form of cash, credit card or a certified bankers check. Payments with a personal check have to be granted by your moving coordinator.
There is a deposit of $100.00 required on all local moves and a $300.00 deposit on any long distance move. All service charges on a local move can be paid upon the completion of the job. Payments for long distance move has to be performed prior to the actual unload of your shipment at your destination.
We offer all forms of packing and crating. Whether it is a packing of a single box, partial packing of your condo, or a full pack-up of your 4 bedroom house - our crew is always happy to help. We carry a wide range of packing supplies and can tailor our packing service to your specific need.
We carry wide range of boxes and packing supplies. Those can be easily order prior to the move. Box delivery service can scheduled at your convenience and costs $49.00/delivery. Box orders of $100.00+ (within 25miles away from Boston) come with FREE shipping.
There is no limit on the weight of the boxes. However, the average weight of the articles that are being packed in the boxes should be approximately 30lbs or less.
We provide free moving blankets for all moving jobs. However, we do not provide free packing tape to secure our pads around the furniture. It is up to you to decide if you want to use our tape or to purchase your own. Learn more about prices on our Packing Supplies page.
They absolutely do. Our teams comes in fully equipped with all the tools to tackle any disassemble/reassemble job. Please keep in mind that some items are not build to be disassembled, moved and reassembled multiple times, therefore sometimes we are limited on our responsibility to the safety of items. Those items are usually press wood (particle board) made furniture.
In order to insure maximum safety of your items while in transit, we would highly recommend having your glass or marble top to be crated. Crating can be done with double-walled heavy-duty cardboard or with a wooden crate. On a medium size marble top coffee table you would be looking at approx. 1/2 of a double-walled cardboard box; this would be an equivalent of approx. $4.00. On the other hand, wooden crate for such item would be approx. $50.00 - $75.00.
The answer to this question is yes and no. You can definitely leave your light linens inside the drawers, but please make sure to take out any heavier items (i.e. jeans, files, books). Please keep in mind that our movers might be changing the position of the dresser by standing it up vertically, therefore any small articles left inside might fall behind the drawers and get lost. Bottom line is, empty dresser is easier to be carryied takes less time to be wrapped and the chances of something being lost or damaged are minimal.
- Lexel Moving is not a junk removal company but we can definitely take care of the unwanted items. Any disposal services have to be approved and confirmed by our staff prior to the move.
- All disposal services are subject to additional charges (unless otherwise specified on the estimate). Charges will be applied as follows:
- a) $10.00 per article – Small items (chairs, end tables, small bookshelves, boxes, etc.).
- b) $20.00 per article – Medium items (tables, recliners, rockers, cribs, etc.).
- c) $40.00 per article – Large items (desks, dressers, bed frames, ).
- d) $100.00 per article – Oversized items (i.e. mattress, armoire, love seat, sofa, etc.).